ABB is a world leading manufacturer of industrial robots and robot systems - operating in 53 countries, in over 100 locations around the world.
In addition to robots ABB also manufactures and supplies robot software, peripheral equipment, process equipment, modular manufacturing cells and service for tasks such as welding, handling, assembly, painting and finishing, picking, packing, palletizing and machine tending.
Key markets include automotive, plastics, metal fabrication, foundry, solar, consumer electronics, wood, machine tools, pharmaceutical and food and beverage industries. A strong solutions focus helps manufacturers improve productivity, product quality and worker safety. ABB has installed more than 200,000 robots worldwide:
- Complete supplier of robot products, systems and services
- Around 4,600 employees in 53 countries around the world
- Over 200,000 ABB robots are installed world wide
- Introduced the first paint robot in 1969 and the first commercially available, micro-processor controlled, electric robot in 1974
- Facilities for research, development and manufacturing located in Sweden, Czech Republic, Norway, Mexico, Japan, USA and China