Inspection and Diagnostics
When used regularly, diagnosis nowadays allows maintenance to be programmed in a targeted and economically advantageous manner, anticipating or delaying the interventions according to the management priority of the installation.
Circuit breaker monitoring and diagnosis can help with providing useful information on the condition of the circuit breaker, thus reducing costs by avoiding unnecessary maintenance.
Some controls, measurements and tests can be carried out directly in the plant or in ours laboratories.
Thermography is one of the latest control techniques which Breakers Technical Assistance makes available to ensure correct operation of the electrical equipment.
Accurate thermal image to locate hot spots by use of a infrared thermograph camera. Inspection and analysis of circuit breakers to improve operating efficiencies and extend asset life.
The advantages are:
- Increase in the customer’s safety index.
- Reduction in unprogrammed plant down times with consequent reduction in the costs due to loss of production.
- Reduction in faults and fire prevention.
- Control carried out under normal operating conditions, without any physical contact.
- Improvement of the maintenance/repair programmes and of the associated costs.
- Targeted purchase of spare parts.
- Comparison of the time measurements.
In addition to the maintenance of a faulty unit, which includes any type of emergency intervention, there is a complete preventive maintenance
service package, ensuring those who manage the plant gain considerable advantages in terms of reliability, safety and reduction of costs.
Depending on the severity of the repair needed, it can often be done on-site by our skilled and experienced engineers and is a faster way to solve the problem.
ABB Breakers Service has an effective service network across its range of factories and dedicated workshops.
In a study of the maintenance style and service needs of our Customers, we learned more about their key service requirements.
Preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance services to maximize the performance, reliability and availability of equipment and systems.
Providing an audit and/or a corrective maintenance program in order to repair or replace faulty equipment that has failed unexpectedly on site.
- Increased product reliability.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Easy-to-plan maintenance budget.
- Extended product lifetime.
- Genuine, factory-certified ABB parts.