Life Cycle Management
ABB’s products are designed for continuous evolution. It is ABB’s goal to protect our customers’ investment beyond the life-cycles of the platform products. For those reasons ABB Low Voltage Breakers Products Group has decided to use a strict Life Cycle Management policy.
NO ACTIVE PRODUCTS
Following are the available documentation on no-active products.
Air Circuit Breakers:
Moulded Case Circuit Breakers:
Product Life Cycle Management or LCM is a term used for the process of managing the entire lifecycle of a product from its conception, through design and manufacture to service. LCM is a set of capabilities that enable an enterprise to effectively and efficiently innovate and manage its products and related services throughout the entire business lifecycle. Following LCM directives, ABB SACE has divided the manufactured products into four phases as showed below:
Total transparency of products life cycle:
- Commercial offer optimized management (warranty, pricing, deliveries…);
- Product residual life visibility (long term supply agreement, declarations…).
Product management optimization:
- Product transition;
- Availability of finished products, spare parts and retrofitting kits.
Communication to the customer by Technical Information:
- Transition phase;
- Residual life;
- Alternative solutions;
- Better customer care/service.
From now on:
Products will continue to be supported by ABB for about 10 years from the start of the Classic phase
- Life-cycle status review will be periodically issued via TI (Technical Information document issued by Product Management Department)
- Life-cycle phase transition may be managed on country basis
- Information available on internet ABB sites
- The "Classic" and "Limited" products will have dedicated price list and delivery table
, although exceptions to this may occur according to market request or if components or technologies needed are no longer available.
At least 6 months prior to any "Manufacturing End" declaration, ABB will announce a "Last Buy” opportunity
(except in cases where there is a direct form, fit and function replacement). It is ABB’s intention to provide support for as long as there are significant customer needs after the "Manufacturing End" through field service, repair and by making replacement spares or refurbished apparatus available.