Electronic overload relays are the alternative to thermal overload relays. An electronic overload relay offers reliable and fast protection for motors in the event of overload or phase failure. Starter combinations are setup together with block contactors and mini contactors.
ABB offers one of the widest electronic overload relay assortments on the market.
Characteristics of electronic overload relays range
- Trip class 10E, 20E, 30E selectable
- Manual or automatic reset selectable
- Trip-free mechanism
- Phase loss sensitivity acc. to IEC/EN60947-4-1
- 2 electrically isolated auxiliary contacts – 1 NO + NC
- Test and STOP function
- Trip indication on the front
- Temperature compensation
- Ambient air temperature - operation: -25°C … +70°C
- All terminal screws are accessible from the front
- EF range: Sealable cover for operating elements
- Separate mounting*
- Busbar kits *
- Terminal shrouds*
* selected devices only
Example of application
Being easy to use like a thermal overload relay and compatible with standard motor applications, an electronic overload relay is convincing, above all, due to its broad setting range and low power consumption. The overload relays are connected directly to the contactors.